This update had by far the widest, most negative impact on websites ever, and to this day, some blogs have not fully recovered from the gaping hole in their traffic that was bitten off by the vicious Panda. So here, I am going to talk about some SEO tips that will help you counter the traffic loss from Panda, and prevent any future updates from harming your website.
What sort of websites were hit?
- Low quality - This much is pretty obvious by now. Websites with low-quality or "thin" content got effected. You might think your content was good quality, but the fact is, quality doesn't mean just good English. It also includes adequate quantity, inter-linking, etc.
- Content farms - Google also discourages content farms. Sites with just quantity, but no quality content and inadequate SEO were effected by this update pretty badly.
- Duplicate content - Redundant and duplicate content is hated by everyone, including Google.
- Slow site load time
- Excessive use of advertisements - I have seen many such sites where there's an ad left, right, top, bottom, and within the content as well. As a blogger, I know the guy's feelings, as he wants to earn money. But as a web-surfer, I hate it! It comes under lack of user experience, which is not good in Google's big eyes.
- Over optimization - According to Google, it penalized websites that used black-hat SEO tricks to get their low quality content to the top results. One good example is something.com. No seriously, this is a website! If you go there, you will see just one word on the entire site, and that word is "something"! What a joke huh? Well get this. The content was negligible, but prior to Panda's release, this site came on top of Google's SERPs when you searched for the keyword "something". Freakishly weird, yes? Needless to say, black-hat SEO tricks were used a lot those days.
Tips for recovering from Panda
2. Remove poor quality content
3. Get rid of ads
4. Become active on social media
5. Get rid of duplicate content
6. Get good, but not cheap backlinks
7. Learn basic SEO
8. Un-index poor quality pages
9. Avoid keyword stuffing
Need Quick Help within 24 Hours? ASK NOW
If you don't want to get yourself into Serious Technical Trouble while editing your Blog Template then just sit back and relax and let us do the Job for you at a fairly reasonable cost. Submit your order details by Clicking Here »