Video blogging means that instead of writing text based content you publish tutorials in video format. Since People often prefer Graphics over text, therefore webmasters and professional bloggers have started multiplying their current traffic with their niche related videos. These videos are Uploaded on networks such as YouTube, Metacafe and dailymotion at large. No matter how popular or unpopular a blogger may be, everyone has realized the importance of attracting targeted traffic from video broadcasting giants such as YouTube. It is believed that YouTube is the second biggest Search Engine after Google. People are converting their text based information into video graphics at a surprisingly fast rate. May it be News, Technology updates or cooking recipe, you find everything presented to you in a much better understandable way through videos. People are gradually giving more value to video tutorials compared to text based tuts. So todays' topic is about understanding the power of video Blogging.
Video Blogging - A Better Definition
Normally people think that when it is termed as video blogging then it means that all your posts must contain a title and a Video as content. It's a completely wrong approach towards understanding the true Traffic value of this art. The best way to do video blogging is to publish a parallel post with every video you publish. The text based post will drive traffic from search engines and the video will drive traffic from networks such as dailymotion and YouTube. This is like hitting two birds with one stone!
How To Do Video Blogging?
I have written a detailed post earlier with crystal clean steps that would help you better understand how to turn your posts into videos and thus drive consistent Traffic from Video Giants. This post is incomplete if you don't read the following tutorial:
What Tools are required to create a Video?
- A Good Webcam with built-in Microphone - Choose one with good Mega Pixels. If you can't afford it then you can even use your smartphones!
- A Good Microphone - Sometimes you just want to speak and not record yourself.
- Camstudio or Camtasia - For Desktop recording
Procedure and Tips:
- You can be creative in how you represent your content with a video. If you have an attractive voice and can speak English fluently then its best that you talk to viewers by recording yourself while you present your Post. Else you can simply use camstudio or camtasia to record your desktop .
- Give it the same title as that of your blog post title. Since you choose your blog post titles carefully therefore it is a good practice to give your videos the same titles.
- All SEO Rules of writing an attractive title applies to Video as well
- Keep your Video Title length Short - at most 60-70 Characters
- Add at least a 100 word description for each of your video
- Leave a link to your blog post under the video description
- Tag your videos wisely by applying SEO Tag Tactics
- Add no more than 10 short phrased and related tags
- Always add a background music to keep viewer entertained. Sometimes people watch your video over and over again and recommend it others because of the cool background music at the back. Of course music is irrelevant for you but it puts a psychological effect and multiplies viewers.
- The Purpose of your video should be : "Force the viewer to visit your blog"
- You need to turn every viewer into a visitor and ultimately turn a visitor into a reader, which means you need to keep care of video Quality so that people may love to find out the details on your blog.
- Always interlink your videos by adding anchor tags in youTube.
- Always leave one question unanswered in your videos so that the viewer may be forced to search for it at your blog.
- You should not video Spam. Video blog your post smartly and present it neatly
See an example video. The video below was created by me last year using camstudio. You would see how funny the video looks but after all traffic was what I intended and these videos still plays vital role in driving me traffic. I adopted this style of recording videos because it was fast and easy but you must not take it as a role model, its just a relevant example for those who need an idea. You should be much more creative.
This stupid video has over 12K views, imagine what yours can have! ;)
Top Ten Video Sharing Sites
I found an interesting list of top 10 video sharing sites where you can upload your video in order to attract visitors from all possible sources. Upload your video on at least the first three if you don't have much of free time.
- 1) YouTube
How To Make a Video Popular?
One of our guest author has written a detailed post on this which you can find here:
I just hope I did justice with todays post by sharing whatever I knew. I just hope you utilize every possible resource skillfully to attract visitors tor your blogs. Receiving traffic is really easy if you apply recommended ways only and so far video blogging is amongst my second recommended Traffic tactic after Post frequency. Wish you successful video blogging goals in 2012. Peace and blessings pals! :)
Need Quick Help within 24 Hours? ASK NOW
If you don't want to get yourself into Serious Technical Trouble while editing your Blog Template then just sit back and relax and let us do the Job for you at a fairly reasonable cost. Submit your order details by Clicking Here »