After an interesting Hangout with AdSense Folks on 18th June at Google+, Susan Wojcicki announced about an interesting new feature called Publisher Scorecard that has been added to all AdSense accounts and the scorecard summary chart can be seen under the Home Tab. Scorecard is a tool that gives greater insights to Publishers to compare how well their Ad settings, Website load time and content is performing compared to other Publishers using AdSense as the contextual Ad network. It displays a summary of three important categories which includes Revenue Optimization, Site Health and Google+ button Integration. Each category is scored on a scale of 1-5 blue dots that indicate your performance rank or level. In today's tutorial we will learn every basic detail of this great scoring tool and will learn how to optimize our websites and blogs to increase the overall AdSense earning. Lets jump straight to this fun ride and make better money with AdSense!
What are the Scorecard Categories?
1. Revenue Optimization:
Do this for all your AdSense for content Ad zones.
(c) Reduce Crawler Errors
User-agent: Mediapartners-Google Disallow:
See our robots.txt file as an example.
Note: Blogger users have this added by default. Wordpress users may manually add this.
2. Site Health
Here are some quick and proper ways to reduce load time:
- Use CSS3 features to create backgrounds, gradients, drop shadows and don't use Images. Create elements using CSS3 as much as you can.
- Use small image patterns for backgrounds and scroll them vertically or horizontally instead of using large and big images
- Use CSS Sprites to reduce http requests. You will find severa
- Place all stylesheets in one linked file
- Remove useless Plugins and Widgets
3. Integrate Google+ Button on your sites
Scorecard Symbols and Indicators
Following are some interesting details about the various symbols used in your scorecard chart. You can find more help and details on scorecard at Google Groups
1. Following are the three important Scores symbols and their description
|Excellent! No need to make any changes to this category.|
|Improvements suggested. You are advised to make some further improvements to this item.|
|Needs improvement! You must or may take quick action to optimize this item|
2. Following are some symbols that would appear after you make the suggested changes.
|This category’s score has increased by one or more blue dots up to four blue dots.|
|This category’s score has drop down by one or more blue dots down to three blue dots.|
|This item’s score has gone up from “Needs improvement” to “Improvements suggested”.|
|This item’s score has gone down from “Improvements suggested” to “Needs improvement”.|
Need Quick Help within 24 Hours? ASK NOW
If you don't want to get yourself into Serious Technical Trouble while editing your Blog Template then just sit back and relax and let us do the Job for you at a fairly reasonable cost. Submit your order details by Clicking Here »