Blog speed is an integral part of a blog's Traffic strategy. Blogs that load faster and quickly taking less time to display all elements, increase readership, search engine traffic and thus revenue. A Good blog design with poor load time means waste of efforts and time. Not everyone uses fast internet connection or LAN or Wi-Fi. With the advent of smart phone technology, Mobile internet use is increasing every single month and leaving behind Computer internet connection in Market demand. Browsers have made themselves compatible with iPhone, Android, blackberry and Windows Phone. People living in USA are biggest consumers of smart phones. USA is amongst top three countries which has largest internet users. In order to attract more traffic from USA as well as UK and Asia, you need to make sure your blog loads quickly and its design is compatible with major browsers like Chrome, Firefox and Internet Explorer8. In this series I will share some rarely shared secrets that web designers use to ensure their designed website templates take less time to load instead of forcing the visitor to wait for several seconds. We will be sharing every tip we applied to reduce load time of MyBloggerTricks.
Following is the list of topics we will discuss in this fresh new series:
Disadvantages of Slow Loading Blogs
Following are some points that highlight possible pit falls linked with slow loading web pages or slow website speed that effects your blogs ranking, revenue and readership:
- Discourage visitors to stay longer thus increasing bounce rates
- Decreases PageViews. People wont navigate the blog a lot and would tend to leave it as soon as possible
- Drop in PageViews means drop in Page Impressions thus serious loss in Advertising revenue
- You wont get targeted sponsors if your page views are less than 2-3K
- Ad spots can not be sold at higher prices
- People wont share your content on social media networks
- Visitor wont turn into reader and thus no increase in the number of subscribers
- Fan following on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ would increase at a slow rate
- People would tend to read your Feeds than preferring visiting your blog. Again this effects your Blog PageViews because Feed visits do not count a lot except for Adsense
- Search robots can skip indexing a page which is too dense and filled with scripts and graphics
- Search Rankings for a page is badly damaged
- Google loves serving its users with quick loading sites and penalizes those which take longer time to load
- Traffic from Internet Explorer would suffer due to browser crashing. IE often crashes when the page takes a longer time to load
- Traffic from smart phones would decrease because mobile internet connections are not very fast. People love to visit sites that can be browsed easily and quickly using their handsets
- So on...
After realizing some of the biggest disadvantages of blog speed factor, it would now be interesting to discuss effective ways to tremendously reduce the number of elements that may be causing the blog to take a longer time to load. Instead of sharing non-practical tips like CSS and HTML compressing or Image Compressing, we will share tips for BlogSpot blogs that we apply to all our designed templates and also to MBT blog. I am sure you will learn a lot with this new exciting series. I will share some advanced technical tips that will be both practical and easy to apply. Kindly do not hesitate to ask for anything un-cleared. Do share some of your secret tips or any query that you wish to clarify.
Peace and blessings buddies. :)Filed Under: Blog Load Time, SEO, Traffic Tips
If you don't want to get yourself into Serious Technical Trouble while editing your Blog Template then just sit back and relax and let us do the Job for you at a fairly reasonable cost. Submit your order details by Clicking Here »