1. Fixing incorrect contact info in search and Google maps
2. Getting Google to Index your websiteWebmasters also have the ever-present concern that Google might not be indexing their website. For government websites, keeping information updated is particularly important. But what's more imporant is, that content should be indexed, and searchable in Google. For this purpose, you can tell Google to index your site. There's no rocket-science involved here. Here are two ways you can notify Google about changes in your site, so it will be indexed.
- Submit a sitemap of your website to Google Webmaster Tools to tell Google what new pages you have added.
- You can also go into your Webmaster Tools dashboard, go to Health, and Fetch your site as Google. You can then submit it to index, and Google will automatically start indexing your website after some time.
3. Moving from a .gov to a .com domainMoving from one domain to another is never easy. But there are some best practices recommended by Google that'll help you in the process. When moving, here are some steps you should follow.
- Verify both the old and the new domains in your Google Webmaster Tools under the same account.
- Make sure both locations are indexable by Fetching as Google.
- Use the Change of Address Tool to notify Google of the change
- Use 301 permanent redirects instead of 302 temporary redirects. And use them wisely. It's considered bad practice to redirect all your old URLs to the new domain's homepage. Redirect to the same pages on the corresponding domain. And if there is no one-to-one correspondence, then it's best you redirect to similar content.
- Notify the sites linking to your old domain to update their backlinks.
- Finally, Fetch your new domain as Google again, and submit it to index to get Google started on your new domain.
4. Utilizing YouTube featuresPreviously, to utilize some advanced YouTube features, users had to participate in a partnership program. Although that feature is no longer available, some features of that service have been made available to the common user, and it'd be a good idea to utilize them.
- Firstly, you can now upload videos longer than 10 minutes, so you no longer need to be concerned about the time limit.
- If you create a Google+ account, you can broadcast a live streaming video to YouTube via Hangouts On Air
- If you link your YouTube account with your Webmaster Tools account, you can set that channel as the official channel for your website.
Need Quick Help within 24 Hours? ASK NOW
If you don't want to get yourself into Serious Technical Trouble while editing your Blog Template then just sit back and relax and let us do the Job for you at a fairly reasonable cost. Submit your order details by Clicking Here »