One of the question that almost everyone starts asking after working hard for days and nights by writing tons of articles online. Why should your blog make money? Why should advertisers sponsor it? What have you got in your content that will provide potential return to advertisers? Why should someone buy an ad spot on your blog? Are you receiving good page views? What is handsome traffic in numbers for you? Do you have readership power? How many people actually re-share your content? How active are your daily readers, do they shop online? Which country brings you a lot of traffic? Forget about PageRank, whats your Alexa? A lot of questions that can be asked from people who just stepped into blogging and all these questions have logical answers. I have observed new enthusiastic people rapidly turning their attention to this beautiful art of writing and earning online. Yes without any doubts, blogs do make money and they drive hell lot of traffic but if that is the case then why aren't everyone becoming a millionaire? The secret lies in a sensible traffic formula and understanding search engine optimization strategies, the sooner you know it, the better it gets.
Note: These series in no way highlight me as a Pro Blogger. I prefer the title of a peanut blogger and would remain and live so always.
Internet Users Turning Into Content
People everywhere around the world has realized the importance of education. Literacy rate is growing at an alarming rate producing brilliant authors every single second. Every good writer wants to turn his writing skills into cash. Some try their luck as freelancers whilst others in search of their own unique identity choose blogging as a long term goal. Netcraft, which is an Internet monitoring company, reported in 2007 that there were 106,875,138 Web sites with domain names and content on them in 2007, compared to just 18,000 Web sites in August 1995. Billions of webpages are published every day within 24 hours, making the competition online tougher every second. Can you expect to survive as a new content publisher amongst already existing giants?
Yes you can! Internet traffic is like a hungry whale eating everything coming in its way. The only difference is that are you providing a smooth path for search engines to come and value what you publish? I guess I have asked enough questions, its time to solve some mysteries and bust some widely popular myths online.
Three Fundamental Tips To Succeed As Blogger
(1) Patience and Dedication
The first lesson that I learnt in my school economic classes was that the success of a good businessman lies in investing power. Those who step into business today and expect profit in material form tomorrow, are the first to badly end their endeavors. Hopelessness and frustration accompany you when you expect a lot. Why should you receive tons of traffic daily when you have not invested at all? Pro bloggers that you hear of daily were lucky champs who started blogging 10 years ago. Every single blogging ICON today has written around thousands of quality articles online and these articles were a smart investment that today generates them revenue in hundreds of dollars via Ad impressions.
You don't need to write 1000 of articles to reach a stable stage and work hard too much, what you need to do is answer the call of internet. Stick to your topic and don't deviate. Work hard for continuous six months and your targets should be the following:
- Write at least one post per day. My personal recommendation would be 2-3 posts per day. Hire authors just like me if you cant do it alone.
- Write on social media to boost your traffic. Always write on latest updates related to social media networking sites and keep social media as a for granted part of your blog no matter what your niche may be.
- Keep track of updates related to your niche and provide readers with something new. Act like a journalist, hear it first and share it first.
- Keep post length to a minimum of 500 words and post title limit to 65-70 characters
- Post at a fixed time and don't just push the publish button anytime you want. Alexa Rank improves only when you fix your posting time. Keep note of every minute. Keep an interval of 7-13 minutes between your posts. Keep timing odd always.
- For improving PageRank do not waste time by commenting on every forum and blog, do Guest posting. There are several high PR blogs that accept guest posts. Search for the list of High PageRank blogs that accept guest posts.
- Keep Adsense away for six months! Adsense is useless when your traffic is less than 500 unique visitors/day. Add it only once you cross the stage#1 of blogging.
- Add social networking buttons on your blog, Add likebox, twiiter follow button and Google Plus sharing widgets on your blog. Keep your sidebar as clean as possible and wait and watch.
- The only motivation for you should be improved Alexa Rank daily. If your Alexa is not improving then you need to change your posting time. Post at midnights if you live in Asia. You must achieve 20-10K Alexa Rank Within this six months investing period. Remember you are investing in terms of patience and dedication.
- Apply SEO PACK to your blog, no matter you use Wordpress or blogger.
(2) Learn and Keep exploring Skills
There is a difference between a normal essay writer, journalist and a blogger. The aim of blogger should not be to write well polished posts with high-fi vocab instead he should write well optimized posts using SEO techniques. Avoid use of strong English with idioms, complex phrases, clichés, metaphors and instead adopt a simple and easy to understand style. Simple English is what that attracts both visitors and search engine robot hits. Learn baics of search engine optimization related to the platform you are using. Don't apply every SEO tip that you learn online. You must follow people who share tutorials related to the platform you are using.
If you are a blogger user or wordpress user than the following tutorials are what you need:
- How to become a Pro Blogger? (Current)
(3) Avoid the unavoidable
You need to understand the value of your time online. Every hour is precious in life and time turns productive only when you filter the obstacles. Do this to keep ideas flooding in your mind and in order to protect yourself from distraction
- Delete your Facebook Account permanently and do not use any social media network as personal profile. Use them for blog promotion only. Today the first website I visit is my blog and lots of posts are waiting in queue to be published while back in the start of 2011, the first website I used to visit was Facebook and I would always find myself with no unique ideas in mind because I had become an addict who was always looking into personal lives of other people with no objective for his own life. The day I left Facebook, I discovered what true life is and how dreams could be turned into reality.
- Avoid listening to the tips shared by story tellers. Story tellers are people who are well established online and they always force you in accepting them as role models. These stereotype people online often pretend to be role models and give you a believe to trust them with everything they share. There tips to be honest often lack practicality. The reason behind their success is that they are well educated actors with accidental achievements in life. If you really want to push ahead then avoid the shortcuts that they provide. Whether they may be pro bloggers or Internet Marketers, they only aim at building their email lists in order to keep rolling their marketing strategies that keep fooling people the way they did you. Please read this article to open your eyes:
3. Do not Display your subscriber or fan followers count unless you get at least 100 subscribers or 100 followers from any social media network you use. Low followers count often discourage new visitors from subscribing and thus readership to grow.
4. Act like a professional and give an impression like you are not the only one running the blog. Avoid the word "I" and prefer using "We"
5. Check your analytics report only once a week and not every day. Human mind is very sensitive. sometimes a drop in traffic often disturb a lot. Therefore in order to keep your mind fresh and away from distraction, you may check your website stats only once a week to see the result of your one week hard work. Daily checkup of stats will often distract your mind and can disappoint you too.
6. Do not waste time commenting on blogs and forums unless you need help. In order to receive rich backlinks the best you can is to Write at most one quality guest post once or twice a month at a a well established blog that may accept guest posts. You don't need to be someone big in order to qualify for guest posting. As long as your guest post offers some value to Admin readers it will never be rejected. In order to qualify for guest post the best strategy is to keep its length as high as possible. Generally guest posts that share top20 tips, tech gadgets or tools are always accepted. Therefore write one good guest post daily to ensure build up backlinks at an early stage. Remember this applies to Bloggers of Stage#1 only. Stage#2 bloggers may focus on their blog.
In short in order to make potential revenue out of your blog, you must keep posting daily. For a maximum boost in traffic and revenue writing two quality posts per day play wonders for Stage#1 bloggers. Stage#2 bloggers are also bound to post at least once a day. When writing a new post think at least for 5 minutes to give your post a better optimized title and keep opening paragraph rich with keywords. Apply social media plugins to blog, answer readers regularly and write on latest updates. Nothing works like magic than sharing updates on social media and technology. I will be completing this series very soon. I just hope this ongoing help may prove beneficial to most of you. I am sharing my personal experiences and formulas here, sharing everything I learnt sop far. I hope this small effort from this little blog may educate newbie bloggers in a more correct way, guiding them to true webmaster strategies. Peace and blessings pals! :)Filed Under: Affiliate Marketing, Blogging ethics, Blogging tips
If you don't want to get yourself into Serious Technical Trouble while editing your Blog Template then just sit back and relax and let us do the Job for you at a fairly reasonable cost. Submit your order details by Clicking Here »