- Sitemaps may contain a maximum of 50,000 links and up to 10 MB (uncompressed)
- Links in a sitemap should be properly encoded
- Avoid having duplicate or dead links in your sitemap. Generate a sitemap at least once a day to minimize the chances encountering old, expired links
- Select the right format:
- Use RSS feed, to list real-time all new and updated content posted on your site, during the last 24 hours. Avoid listing only the past 10 newest links on your site, search engines may not visit RSS as often as you want and may miss new URLs.
- Use XML Sitemap files and sitemaps index file to generate a complete snapshot of all relevant URLs on your site daily.
- Consolidate sitemaps: Avoid too many XML Sitemaps per site and avoid too many RSS feeds: Ideally, have only one sitemap index file listing all relevant sitemap files and sitemap index files, and only one RSS listing the latest content on your site.
- Use sitemap properties and RSS properties as appropriate.
Need Quick Help within 24 Hours? ASK NOW
If you don't want to get yourself into Serious Technical Trouble while editing your Blog Template then just sit back and relax and let us do the Job for you at a fairly reasonable cost. Submit your order details by Clicking Here »