Getting the iframe embed codeThis is the much simpler method. All you need to do is, go to the Google Maps website, and navigate to the place you want to display on your map. You can do that manually, or search for an address.
Once you have your desired location on the map, click on the Link button on the top-left of the map.
You will now get the quick embed code. But you can customize your map by clicking on the Customize and preview embed link. Here, you can customize the size of your map to embed. Once done, simply copy the code generated, and paste it inside a blog post HTML editor, and you're all done! (see below for a demonstration).
View Larger Map
Google Maps CreatorNow the map embedded above shows me a location on the map, but I can't personalize it. Wouldn't it help out readers more if you could add personal messages or highlight places? You can't do that with a simple embed. For that, you'll have to use the Google Maps Creator.
Step 1: Get Google Maps API key
- Go to the API signup page
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Provide your website URL. Note: The API key is specific to each website, so one key can only be used with only one domain.
- Once your key is generated, save it somewhere. You'll need it later.
Step 2: Generate Map
- Visit the Google Maps Creator page
- Fill out the form with the information as needed
- Make changes as necessary, and click on the Generate this Map button. You will see the code below update itself.
- Customize the code, and replace the YOURKEY part with your API key.
Need Quick Help within 24 Hours? ASK NOW
If you don't want to get yourself into Serious Technical Trouble while editing your Blog Template then just sit back and relax and let us do the Job for you at a fairly reasonable cost. Submit your order details by Clicking Here »