Now you can password protect widgets too!
An extremely useful and secure script for password protecting blogger blogs has been introduced by vincentcheung . The script created by him hides whatever you want in the form of an encrypted code which can be revealed only if your users know the password to see the hidden content. It is the most secure and working method that I personally liked a lot. The hidden text can not easily be cracked and your content remains hidden from the eyes of all uninvited visitors. According to its author not even he can decrypt (make visible) the encrypted code (hidden message) except the person who sets the password. It works more like a Lock and Key Mechanism. I am sure you will enjoy this new technique that will help you to maintain some privacy.
How To add a Password To Blogger Blogs?
The steps are as usual very simple:
- Go To Blogger > Design > Edit HTML
- Backup your template
- Search for this,
5. Save your template and you are done!
How it works?
Now whenever you wish to show images, text, media or anything only to selected people then you may create and write the post as you normally do in your blogger editor or Windows Live Writer and once you are finished do this
1. Switch to the Edit HTML mode and copy all the code that you see. As shown below,
2. Go To Encryption Page
You will see 4 boxes with names: key, Plain Text, Clipher Text and HTML Code. We are only interested in the key, plain text and HTML CODE box. Follow these steps:
- Enter a password in the Key Box
- Next Paste the code that you copies from your Blogger Editor into the Plain Text box
This is the new look of the same post you created. You will see strange illogical characters but these characters contain your hidden text, images or multimedia. You can now use this HTML CODE in any of your posts and instead of seeing the big chunk of code, the visitor will see only a link that says: Show Encrypted text How? follow the next step:
3. Now get back to your Blogger Editor. Create a New Post. Give your post a title and paste the HTML Code that you just copied inside your blogger Editor in the Edit HTML Mode. You can write anything in place of this text -> Show Encrypted text but make all changes in Edit HTML mode only.
You can also add any message below or above the HTML CODE which contains your hidden text.
I just hope you may like this new discovery and you may find it helpful. Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Peace and blessings. :>
If you don't want to get yourself into Serious Technical Trouble while editing your Blog Template then just sit back and relax and let us do the Job for you at a fairly reasonable cost. Submit your order details by Clicking Here »