Blogger gives you the option to choose up to 100 blog Authors or contributors and 100 blog readers. Most often while designing blogger templates I need to access my client's Edit HTML section and the only way to have such privileges is to request Admin rights from my client. After receiving Admin rights I get complete control over his posts, widgets, template and entire blog control panel. Administrator rights should be granted only when you full trust over the contributor or your partner else it is equivalent to your blog's post mortem.
Granting Admin Privileges to Someone in Blogger?
- Go To Blogger > Settings > Permissions
- Click the Add Authors Button
- enter the email ID of the person you wish to grant Admin or Author rights
- Hit the invite button and then blogger will send an email to that person. Once he accepts your email, you will start seeing his name and ID on your Permissions page.
5. You can will see the word "Author" next to his email ID and word "Admin" next to your Email ID. Now to make that person an Admin and grant him full access to your blogger specific account, Click the "grant admin privileges" link
6. You have now successfully transferred or shared your blog with another person.
How to take Admin rights back?
If you wish to remove a person as a blog administrator and you don't want him to any further edit your settings, template or posts then you can surely take away admin powers from him by simply clicking the "revoke admin privileges" link next to that person's email ID. That person will be no longer be able to access your blog.
Some Important answers to important questions
1) What privileges will be granted if you give admin rights to someone?
He will become as powerful as you are as the original owner of the blog. He will have complete control over all your pages may that be Settings, Design, Monetize, Stats Page etc.
2) Can the contributor Delete your Posts?
Yes he can delete all existing posts and blogger wont even inform you!
3) Can someone delete your entire Blog after you grant him Admin rights?
He has complete access to your Settings and he can easily import, export and surely delete your blog!
4) Can someone steal, take over your blogger blog?
If you grant admin rights to someone then that person becomes an equal account holder of your blog with full authority to all options that are available to you. He can take over your entire blog and he can surely revoke Admin privileges to you by clicking the "revoke admin privileges" link next to your email ID.
As you can see that sharing your blog account with another person can be very risky as it has both its advantages and disadvantages so always make sure that you grant this power to only him whom you trust a lot. Wish you happy and safe blogging. Peace out buddies. :)
Note: Please spread this knowledge with every blogger user by using the sharing buttons at top or the sharing widget to the left.Filed Under: blogger tricks
If you don't want to get yourself into Serious Technical Trouble while editing your Blog Template then just sit back and relax and let us do the Job for you at a fairly reasonable cost. Submit your order details by Clicking Here »